Monday, July 6, 2009

Mesquite Bean Jelly


The mesquite bean jelly turned out great! It has such a pretty natural color to it. I made 4 pints plus a bit more for my first batch and still have lots of juice to make more tomorrow. The little bit I had extra, over the 4 pints, my DH and I ate with biscuits and butter. It was soooo good!
I went outside after lunch today and picked up about a sack full of choice mesquite beans. I will boil them up tomorrow to make more juice. The juice will keep for awhile and I can make more jelly later on.

2 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

mmmmmm....this looks good!! Of course we don't have mesquite here, altho we can get the flavour in things like bbq sauces. There's probably a real minimum amount of flavour in those processed sauces, so I'm sure the taste would be nowhere close.

Amy Q said...

Glad something good could come out of those things that make a mess in you yard.