Friday, August 19, 2011

Basil and some good words

My garden basil is the only thing thriving
 in this triple digit heat,
and long, dry summer.
I have been making basil pesto
and putting it up in the freezer,
and freezing leaves in ice cubes
to use in soups during the winter months.
We savor every little bit.
My word for the year has been
SAVOR,
as I end each post with the encouraging words
Savor the Day!
Those words also remind me to
enjoy the little things,
each and every day.

Here are some more favorite words...

begin
imagine
laugh
believe
seek
play
trust
listen
create
connect
touch
forgive
pray
hope
choose
appreciate
give
read
write
release

Do you have a favorite word(s)?

Savor the Day!
Yvonne

3 comments:

Healing Woman said...

Yvonne, thanks for reminding me to put my basil and pesto in ice cube trays! It's a wonderful little trick and can be used for other herbs as well. I'm thinking of putting a trio of herbs into one cube and use it for soup in the winter.
Savour is a very good word! It says so much.

Barbara said...

Freezing basil here too! It's such a pungent thing that one needs so little to impart the flavor. I think I still have some in my freezer from last year, indeed perhaps even the year before. ;)

Halle said...

Your basil looks awesome. Mine is starting to fade and the bugs are eating it as well. pesky things.

As I read your list of words SEEK spoke to me. Seek knowledge, peace, wellness, friendship, joy, and the list goes on and on.