Friday, October 21, 2011

Art Doll--Hyacinth

I named her Hyacinth.
Another name meaning hyacinth is
Giacinta.
I wanted to do something really different this time.
She is painted polymer clay.
Her hair comes from a horses tail.
There is a bead and feather at her neck.
Then I added a little tiny bird on her hat.

At her shoulders she has hooks,
like there could be arms added.
But....
She has no legs and no arms.
I didn't add fabric to her either,
like I usually do to my dolls.
She is attached to a 4 inch square wooden stand.
I painted it black and put
a pretty stencil on it
and some turquoise dots
here and there.

She will be going to the art center.

Savor the Day!
Yvonne


4 comments:

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

She is a spectacular doll..so serene and at peace in this chaotic world. Have a great weekend! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Barbara/myth maker said...

She is truly magnificent, like there is an energy that comes out of her center. I love her.

Unknown said...

Love your new doll, Hyacinth. Very thought provoking, I keep looking at here and seeing just one more thing I love.

Gail V said...

Very cool. I love the hooks with no arms!