Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Tree goddess and mermaid art dolls

 Art Doll number 1---
She is a tree goddess.
She stands on an actual tree slice for her base.
Total height is about 13 inches.

She has a dragonfly on her forehead.

Doll number 2---

This one is a mermaid, and has metal wire for her hair.
She is holding a pearl bead.
She sits on a wooden base,
and is about 9 inches tall.

Here is a close-up...

Now I have to name them
for the upcoming show.
Ummmmm.....Decisions, decisions....
any ideas?

Savor the Day!
Yvonne

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would consider "Perla" Spanish for pearl.

Yvonne said...

Sounds great! Perla it is! Thanks. :)

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I'm no help with a name, but have to say that I am blown away by the tree goddess - she is so elegant in her simplicity. Love her!

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

You have been a very busy artist my dear... I love the mermaid! Peace, Mary Helen

Nancy said...

I love the mermaid, the way her tail wraps around her, the look on her face...so dreamy :) bliss

Thanks for coming to visit my blog :)

Gail V said...

I love the mermaid, Y. I think it may be one of your best yet!