Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Artistic License

Do you ever use
Artistic License?

I use it quite often.
My vision is usually more colorful
than reality.

Here is a little painting I'm working on now.

When I visited Big Bend National Park
I saw beautiful multi colored pear cactus.
Of course it wasn't quite as colorful as this,
but none the less, it WAS colorful,
mostly pinkish with some green and purple.
So, I just went with it!
West Tx. is known for its heat,
so the background became RED!
This is FUN!
Savor the Day!
Yvonne


5 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That's right! If you want it just to look exactly like real life, take a photo. Art is for vision!

Bea said...

Well, I love color so that picture is my style. Love it! :)Bea

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I wish I was artistic enough to have a license. ha! Beautiful, colorful painting. Hope your day is great. Tammy

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

Absolutely!!! We all can have more fun if we put our heart into the images we make! Peace to a superstar! Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

CEDAR JUNCTION said...

I like the way you see the prickly pears. They are much prettier your way.

SMiles,
Teresa