Friday, August 10, 2012

Stressful to Stressless

Summer has been busy for me.
All kinds of things have been going on,
but the main thing is
WE ARE MOVING!
It is our choice
to make this change,
so don't worry,
all is well and good.

I won't go into detail right now, but...

It's a new beginning...
another adventure!

Moving house can be
one of the most stressful times
a person can experience,
or you can just make up your mind
to go with the flow.
I've moved many times
in my almost 60 years,
and I do mean MANY.
I do have to admit
that this time it's more emotionally
and physically harder.
(Gee that couldn't be because of my age :) teehee))

We have had a settled life now
for 4 years.
That's a long time in my book...
but now it is time to say goodbye and move on...
once again.

These are the things I've learned
in my many moves...
1. start early when it comes to
getting organized for the move

2. learn to let go of things, learn what is essential,
learn what is dear to your heart

3.Don't store things long,
if the time spent in storage
will end up costing more than just replacing it.

4. to declutter is actually a zen like feeling.

5. think of moving as a new adventure.

6. Breathe! Relax! Enjoy!

7. Never say Never!


Hope you come back to visit,
(as the saga continues),
leave comments,
and let me know your
experiences in moving.

The BIG thing I've learned
in my many moves is that
you really MUST...

Savor the Day!
Yvonne

6 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Sounds like you're a pro at moving, so enjoy the experience yet again!

Halle said...

How exciting! I don't envy the actual moving part. That's a hard job.

jinxxxygirl said...

We just moved to CA from TX about 4 months ago after living in one place for 13 years. It was a good move for us but like you said still stressful and emotional.

We are waiting for our new house to be finished the first part of Oct. So excited and tired of apartment living........Big changes...not all good...not all bad...learn to go with the flow...life is not stagnant..life is full of change, might as well embrace it cause your not gonna stop it. I wish you the best of luck and look forward to following your journey. Hugs! deb

Kris said...

We moved 2 years ago...for the last time (I hope). It was hard all the way around. I think our age
plays in our favor, not much physically, but mentally. It was much easier to let go of things that we had been lugging around for years.
Your points for making it are right on! Good luck to you, stay in the moment and enjoy the ride....it's the best choice :)

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Oh my - I don't envy you one little bit. Our move last year is still far too fresh in my mind! Are you moving a big distance or just houses?

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

Thank you for sharing your wisdom!