Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A new year...a new fresh start...

Happy new year everyone!
Hope all is well.
 To update you
and to make a long story short....
we were selling our house....
purged a lot of stuff and
now we are not selling.
So now it is like a new beginning
in the same house.

Our 38th anniversary is the 14th of Jan.
and we have had many of life's surprises in that time.
We never know what life will bring us.
Right now we are happy to be staying put.
We have decided to make things
fresh and new around here...
AND....
It feels good!
Lots of projects going on...
An upcycled renewed kitchen island,
diy crafty projects,
some upcycled light fixtures,
paint, paint and more paint.
Changes that are fun, fresh
and artsy in a way.
I'm putting my mark here and there
throughout the house.

Blogger is giving me a hard time
and I can't download any photos
right now.
So, that will come later.

Right now I just wanted to say
hello to all,
and hope your new year
is all you want it to be.

Savor the Day!
Yvonne




6 comments:

GlorV1 said...

It's always fun working on one's home. We have plans this year for the living room, dining and washroom. Good luck with your fun projects and yes I can't upload pictures as well right now. I notified blogger about it. Hope it comes back up soon because Paint Party Friday will be here soon. Take care and Happy New Year.

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

Congratulations.....and I wish you the very best for 2013!!! I am waiting to for the nest fresh snowfall ..we are due for a thaw for the next 6 or7 days. I got the instructions from Dharma...so we will see. I am so happy for you and your husband. This will be a very exciting year in deed! Love, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Have fun with your renos! Blogger is giving many people a hard time with photos right now.

*jean* said...

best wishes for a happy & healthy new year in your new old house!!!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I don't know if I should be happy or sad that you're not selling, but I know how wonderful it feels when you get rid of the excess and pare things down to things you truly love. It's so freeing! Enjoy your 'new' home.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Well, that's one way to get rid of all the stuff you don't really need. Happy New Year! Wishing you all the best with all the projects to make your old home new! :) Take care, Tammy