Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Bed, beauty, and a new bird sighting...

We finally got our new winged bed stained and finished.
We built it a few weeks back,
but we got sidetracked for a time.
Now it is done!  Yay!
We used a dark walnut stain,
then put 3 coats of poly on it.
I love it!

  _______________

I've also been busy making more soap.

This time I added lavender and vanilla for scent.
Then I also added some French green clay,
which is very good for your skin.
It is supposed to remove toxins,
so that is a good thing.
Now it has to cure for a few weeks.
It is making the house smell wonderful!
_____________________

 This spring we have a new little visitor...
an Indigo Bunting.
This is about the best photo I could get.
We were sitting in our yard swing,
and all of a sudden we saw this flash of blue,
which is unusual here.
 This was my first sighting of
 an indigo bunting here in south Texas,
at least when it is in the blue breeding stage.

The little bunting is about 5 inches long.
It was such a nice surprise.

I love surprises!

Savor the Day!
Yvonne

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I wonder if the bird's name is where the nursery rhyme endearment "little baby bunting" comes from? I always wondered about that. The only bunting I've ever heard of is the decorative cloth that's put out for patriotic occasions and that makes no sense as an endearment.

Kris said...

Now that bed makes a statement!!
Beautiful.
The birdie is a gorgeous blue. You really know your birds.
And your soap!!! You are one earthy lady :) LOVE that!

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

What a beautiful bed to rest your creative head when you end you day! And the soap ...I can almost smell it... I am using Yardley lavendar soap right now. Your blue bunting is a special gift...so sweet. Beautiful post. Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Unknown said...

Beautiful bed! And now I'm in the mood for making soap. Lavender/vanilla sounds like a very soothing combo.