Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Words are all we have....

I've visited several blogs this week.
I enjoy them all.
 Many have mentioned their 'key words' for spring.
One of those blogs is...
You may wish to visit her lovely blog.

I love words, I love quotes.
Samuel Beckett (1906-1989) Irish writer, dramatist and poet, once said...
"Words are all we have."
 
I have been thinking of just what my 'spring' key words would be.
Here are a few...
alive
barefoot
chirping
awakening
breezy
buzzing
"I love spring anywhere, but if I could choose I would always greet it in a garden."
- Ruth Stout
(Mexican heather in my garden...
tiny yet beautiful blooms)

"Spring unlocks the flowers to paint the laughing soil."
- Reginald Heber

Savor the Day!
Yvonne







5 comments:

Brian Miller said...

ah barefoot for sure...i love bare feet...and cant wait till its warm enough to feel the grass in my toes....and love the buzzing as well...as long as i watch where i step...smiles.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I do miss an outdoor lifestyle. Everything here is so drab and dirty and today is hazy with dusty skies. Shades of green aren't even really green. My poor plants really need a good shower. Hope you are having a good day. Tammy

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

Oh what a beautiful Spring morning post...barefoot...bird symphonies...the beginning of the greening of my lilacs...sunshine and porchswing meditations. Mona is helping me smile through the gloom. Peace be with you, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

~*~Patty S said...

Quotes always attract me too Yvonne, in fact the Ruth Stout quote is one I copied down earlier today ... tis the season :)

Your words give me great visuals

Happy April
oxo

Barbara said...

My spring word is "early"....meaning everything I love about spring - the sun, warmth, colors, sounds - come earlier in the day. I think of that at bedtime anticipating the next morning.
Your post also reminds me of one of my favorite old songs from the fabulous Bee Gees with the final line:
"It's only words, and words are all I have, to take
your heart away"