Friday, October 18, 2013

Let go, Hear, Understand, Know, Listen

"Let the beauty you love be what you do.
There are a thousand ways to kneel and kiss the earth."
----Rumi

My visit to Asheville, North Carolina could not have been complete
without finding a labyrinth or two.
This was behind a church, right along a creek.
It was quiet all except the sound of the running water behind me
and the birds in the surrounding trees.
I feel like each of our lives are on a sacred journey.
The labyrinth is a model for that journey.
The Hopi called the labyrinth the symbol for mother earth.

This one was in Asheville also, near some
working artists studios and the French Broad River,
close to downtown. 
To find these labyrinths, I go online to the
labyrinth locator...
It has made it easy to find them when I am traveling.

Sometimes you will find the center of a labyrinth
with objects that people have left,
symbolizing something that is meaningful to them.

I hope you find a labyrinth and make sure to....

Savor the Day!
Yvonne

3 comments:

Halle said...

I've never seen a labyrinth in person. It sounds very cool. I like that people leave something in the middle.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I've never seen one either. I've heard that there is one not too far from where I live but I have yet to get to see it. I like the idea of the treasures that people leave in the middle.

Nancy said...

Beautiful and so peaceful :)