Monday, January 17, 2011

Small stone and the sky

Meteor Crater---
small stone...high speed...big hole

Inspiration for today's small stone...
when I went on a trip to California,
Az. and New Mexico
with my sister a few years back,
we visited this meteor crater.
This morning,
while it was still so dark outside,
I began thinking about the black nights
out in the desert.
 When you are far enough
away from the city
all you see are stars.

dark obsidian sky
broken only by
a handful of
constellations
dotted with twinkle

Savor the Day!
Yvonne


5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so happy to say that I have been there! Quite amazing ... And you have summed it up so perfectly!

Deborah said...

Impressive place!

Anonymous said...

After my own heart -- the night sky.

Threads of Inspiration said...

Beautiful photo, I can see why it would inspire your small stone of words. There is nothing more beautiful than a night sky with no lights to mar its beauty.

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I would love to visit to this sacred mark on our earth. Lovely post. Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart