Friday, April 22, 2011

Nature's Peace

My DH and I had to go into the city today.
After all the appointments and necessary things,
 we made it out to the island for a late lunch.
We ate bacon wrapped stuffed shrimp with all the goodies,
over at one of our favorite eateries.
Enjoyed eating on the open porch watching the passing boats
and the curious birds.
Then after lunch
we drove down to a good place to do
 some more bird watching.
I got some pretty good shots with my little camera.


I think this beautiful guy was posing just for me.


This great blue heron was preening his feathers in the marsh grasses.



These two bird buddies let us get very close,
before flying off to meet their friends.



Many of the birds were catching their own lunch.



Others looked very peaceful just floating in the warm waters.



LATER that day....
when my DH and I returned home,
we sat in our backyard swing.
We were enjoying the warm breeze,
 listening to the cooing of the doves,
and laughing at the hummingbirds
playing in the sprinkler.

"There is more to life than merely increasing its speed."
---Gandhi

Savor the Day!
Yvonne

3 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

aaaah - such a peaceful day and one I can't wait to enjoy here IF it ever warms up enough!!

Amy S said...

Sounds like a wonderful day. Love the pictures and love you.

Halle said...

Such beautiful wildlife you encountered. Thanks for sharing the photos!