Monday, March 26, 2012

Mariage Freres--best tea in the world

If I ever make it back to Paris,
I will have to stop in the place
where the 'best tea in the world' is made.
A place called Mariage Freres.

They put out a book a few years back called
The French Art of Tea
You can find it at Amazon.com




"The simplicity of the tea-room
and its freedom from vulgarity
make it truly a sanctuary
from the vexation of the outer world.
There and there alone can one consecrate himself
 to the undisturbed adoration of the beautiful.
Nowadays industrialism is making true refinement
 more and more difficult all the world over.
Do we not now need the tea room
more than ever? "

Having tea makes me slow down...
water coming almost to a boil...
waiting for it to steep...
stirring... stirring...
sipping...
Ahhhhhhhhh!

Join Kimmie and all of us
for tea, won't you!

Savor the Day!
Yvonne

7 comments:

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

If I get back to Paris I will look this tea up. I hope you are still feeling good and resting. Peace, Mary Helen

ooglebloops said...

I will have to pass this link on to my friend who goes to France quite often!!
happy Tea Tuesday to you!!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

There's nothing so elegant as a nice tea room serving high tea!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

The simplicity of the tea room has all but vanished. Thanks for this beautiful post that reminds me of the one time I visited a tea room here in Wichita!

Kristin said...

A cup of tea in Paris!? Is anything more exciting? Thank you for sharing this and for your sweet comment, I will be dreaming of Oh La La all day ;) xo

Unknown said...

I never thought of the french as tea drinkers :)
wine and coffee - but not tea!
awesome!
I'm sure they do it beautifully too!
très chic :)

thanks for sharing the link - off to check it out now!

Halle said...

Love your description of enjoying tea. So peaceful.