Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Homemade Pressing Spray

My cousin Paula gave me a wonderful recipe
to use on fabric when you are ironing.
Quilters love this pressing spray,
and it's so economical to make.

Pressing Spray Recipe---
2 Tablespoons Potato Vodka
2 cups distilled water
8-10 drops of essential oil
bottle to store it in or
spray bottle to use it right away

Some potato vodka brands are....
Blue Ice, in the blue bottle
Smirnoff
DiVine
Cold River
Cayman Blue
etc.
Just ask or look on the bottle,
as it must be potato vodka.
I didn't even know there was potato vodka,
so I learned something new.

I used some of the vodka to make my own vanilla extract.
I put some vodka in a decorative jar,
and I'm soaking vanilla beans in it.
It makes wonderful vanilla, as I've used my own vanilla
for many years.

I don't drink, so if anyone has more recipes for me to use
up the rest of that vodka,
I would appreciate it. 

Savor the Day!
Yvonne

5 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I've never heard of potato vodka so I've learned something today too. I'm with you - don't drink, so would have a hard time finding a use for the rest of the bottle.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I thought ALL vodka was made from potatoes? All real vodka anyway.

Kris said...

What great tip to share! Love it!
You could always infuse the vodka with
something else and give it away in a fun little bottle OR make some more pressing spray and give to another quilter :)

LaceLady said...

I read in India Flint's book that "spirits", including old wine, can be used to make a tincture for eco-dyeing. Vodka is a good window cleaner...

Unknown said...

If I still ironed I would make some of this :)
I always used spray starch on my shirts

.... yesterday I used up a big bottle of vodka (well, I thought it was big) for making tinctures. I made an echinacea tincture for colds and flu and a feverfew tincture for migraines. They'll be ready in 6 more weeks - I'll let you know how it worked out.